Productive Monthly Updates: June
This June we have a set of updates that will significantly improve your financials. Plus, we’re launching an exciting new project!
We’ve also added new integrations, improved Docs and much more. Keep reading to see what’s been released in June and to learn more about our latest venture.
Sharing Options On Budgets
With Teams, we’ve introduced an easy way to share Docs with various groups and individual people. Now you can do the same with Budgets – but it goes even further as you can set detailed viewing and editing permissions for each budget, which allows you to:
- Make certain budgets visible only to selected Teams (or individuals)
- Prevent time tracking against budgets people aren’t working on
- Finely tune who can see and add Expenses
When you create a budget, all project members with sufficient permission level can see it, but now you can finely tune who will have access to it.
Removing access to a budget from a teammate will automatically remove the right to track time and post expenses against it, simplifying the work for your teammates.
You can always quickly check who can track time and expenses:
Improved Hourly Cost Rate Calculation
For teammates on a fixed cost rate (e.g., a fixed monthly rate) the hourly cost calculation will now be more precise. It takes into account the number of working days in the month, being aware of time of events, holidays, and other changes to standard working days.
Also, check out the redesigned table in the Cost Rate section to see how it changes over time, and learn more here.
New In Docs
Now you can create a Task directly from a Doc: just select a piece of text, and a button will appear, allowing you to create a Task. The piece of selected text becomes the title of the Task, but you can change it if you want.
Also, we have a couple of improvements that will make using Docs even more comfortable for your eyes (and more fun):
- The page width can now be set for each page and not for the entire Doc. Use the one you prefer depending on the content of each page, and you can change it in the Sidebar
- If you use emojis as page icons, they will now land on top of the page 😍
Financials Insight Gets a Revamp
You’ll now find the Financials Insight under a new name: Financials Items, to reflect the data it shows. Next, the filter (and field) previously known as Future/Past has now been renamed to Time frame, but the type of data it shows will remain the same – more specifically, it will show you if the financials item in question is from the past (e.g., a time entry) or from the future (a booking in Scheduling).
Finally, two fields now have different names, as Time is converted to Time Entry, while Service is now called Fixed.
Introducing Bold, a Place for Agency Professionals
No one knows agencies like Productive. We’re proudly serving more than 20.000 agency users across the globe at the moment. That’s why were launching Bold – a community for agency professionals – for owners, managers, board members, all types of decision makers. This will be a safe space where agency professionals will be able to:
- Discuss running an agency business and all its aspects with agency professionals from around the world
- Benchmark your performance and validate your work in a network of seasoned professionals
- Get exclusive content, access live and online events
All members will be personally vetted by our team so if you’d like to join once it goes live, make sure to sign up here.
- Latest agency industry reports, metrics and educational content
- Interviews with agency owners around the world about their unique perspectives
- Trends, news and everything exciting happening right now in the business
Wait, There’s More!
- Our customers from the Netherlands can now connect their Twinfield account to Productive
- There’s a new “Date” field that will show you the date range of a Task, and it’s editable right from the view
- Grammarly now works in Productive
- Credit notes can now be exported to Visma e-conomic
Still To Come:
In the next few weeks, you can expect:
- Flexible permission system
- Ask AI to help you with writing Docs
- Gantt layout
- The ability to create checklists in Docs
- Invoice payment reminders
We’re always looking to make your experience of using Productive better.
We’ll keep you updated as we ship more improvements. The following Monthly Updates will arrive at the beginning of August 2023.
For any questions, as always, reach out to our Customer Support.