Productive Monthly Updates: August
Summer is slowly fading, bringing us all back to the grind of agency life. That’s why we were busy during August to bring you a fresh set of features.
We focused on project management, new integrations, documents, and numerous under-the-hood tweaks. Plus, we’re just weeks away from launching Bold, a community for agency professionals, so be quick to grab your spot for the launch. But for now, let’s see what’s been released in August.
Improved Document Builder
When creating an invoice, a quote for the client, or a budget report, now you can use a new set of tools to improve the look of your documents and add even more information.
- Override default labels with custom text – for example, use “bill” or “check” instead of “invoice”
- Add rich text to the Notes section of the document
- Hide or show parts of the pricing table (e.g., quantity, discount, tax total…)
New In Tasks
Something significant has impacted the timeline of your project? Make sure your Tasks reflect that change and keep everyone on the same page. While you could change the timeline of each Task individually, now you can also do it for multiple Tasks all at once.
This means that you can either:
- Extend the due date/start date of each Task – e.g. extend the due date of task 15 days to the future
- Keep the duration of the Task(s) in question the same, but shift the dates to the future or past – this will move both the start date and the due date, but will keep time span of the Task
You can also add a new Task list from the board dropdown – it will land directly in that board:
Time Entries Import
There are a few rare instances when you have to add a bunch of time entries to Productive – but when they happen, it is handy to know that you can add time via CSV import instead of tracking time manually (and wasting time in the process). This can happen in examples like:
- Switching to Productive from a different tool
- Onboarding new employees who weren’t given access to Productive right away
- Adding time entries in bulk for forgetful teammates
To import time entries, go to Settings > Data Import, download the CSV template, and then import that document back to Productive.
Sign Up For Early Access To Bold
We’re just weeks away from launching Bold – a community for agency professionals – a place for owners, managers, board members, and all decision-makers.
When you join Bold, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss running an agency with a network of like-minded people from around the world
- Benchmark performance and validate work in a network of seasoned professionals
- Get exclusive content, access live and online events
All members are vetted by our team so you can have peace of mind that you’re connecting with the top brass from the industry. Sign up for early access here.
Wait, There’s More!
- Now you can set precise notifications for TODOs on Tasks and Deals – they can be sent on the due date or weeks and days before
- If you use Breathe HR for your time off planning, now you can integrate it with Productive using our App Marketplace
- Check out or new expense form – you can use Quick Add (the plus button in the upper right corner), add custom fields to the expense and a full-width service dropdown
Still To Come:
In the next few weeks, you can expect:
- Tentative Bookings in Scheduling
- Gantt layout
- Improved project templates
- Quick Search
- Nicknames for teammates
- Customisable permissions
We’re always looking to make your experience of using Productive better.
We’ll keep you updated as we ship more improvements. The following Monthly Updates will arrive at the beginning of October 2023.
For any questions, as always, reach out to our Customer Support.